Facebook Facebook Facebook Facebook

ANDROID

I stopped using Instagram too - An Android users perspective

Some big names have deleted their Instagram account, namely Apple's marketing chief Phil Schiller and Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey. I too, stopped using Instagram. Why? Well I pride myself on being able to take excellent photos, so I like to show them in the full natural glory, and not masked by filters. No, I am not against enhancing, I use PicSay Pro to improve my pictures when needed. I uploaded most of my pictures in a mobile optimized 480 x 800 resolution, though I have now moved on to 720p. I try to frame my shots, and take advantage of the horizontal space for artistic purpose so being given on the option to crop into squares cramps my style. And I use a dedicated camera as well as a mobile phone to take pictures. I upload pictures to Facebook since that is where my friends are. 

Not every shot is best cropped into a square (Camera: Panasonic DMC-FZ50)

Basically, Instagram is not for me. It is an excellent app. Fast and works well even when my data connection is so so. But I really do not need another social network. I could share my Instagram uploads to Facebook, but I do not see a need for that. I can share a picture directly from my phone camera UI or from PicSay, and going through the Facebook to share allows me to do things like tag friends.

Camera: HTC Desire HD

Maybe if Instagram came to Android earlier, I would have appreciated its ability to make so so shots look better. But high end mobile phones camera are really good this days. I do want a filter getting in the way.

So like Mr. Schiller and Mr. Dorsey, I have stopped using Instagram after a week of use and uninstalled the app from my phone. But I did not delete my account. I did upload five pictures, which I think are worth sharing and who knows, someone on Instagram may appreciate them. I uninstalled the app do I do not have to install updates for a app I do not use, but who knows I may change my mind one day, and it would be nice to have my account waiting for me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Mr. Android © 2011 Design by Army Boots