WorldWide Tech & Science. Francisco De Jesùs.
HP Expands Converged Cloud Portfolio with Optimized Solutions for VMware vCloud Suite.
New solutions enable VMware users to rapidly build, secure and protect hybrid cloud environments.
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Aug. 28, 2012
HP today announced it is expanding its HP Converged Cloud portfolio with new solutions for VMware vCloud® Suite 5.1, enabling clients to transform traditional virtualization deployments into open private and hybrid cloud environments with less risk and complexity.
Introduced in April, HP Converged Cloud extends the power of the cloud across infrastructure, applications and information to provide clients with choice, confidence and consistency. As the industry’s first strategy and portfolio based on a single open architecture, HP Converged Cloud enables the integration of any combination of private, managed and public cloud, as well as traditional IT. This combination provides workload portability as well as dynamic scaling.
HP has helped more than 1,000 clients transition from virtualization to cloud computing with solutions engineered by HP and its partners.(1) The expanded HP Converged Cloud portfolio, built on HP Converged Infrastructure and HP Converged Management and Security, has been optimized for VMware vCloud Suite 5.1, and includes new capabilities that enable clients to:
- Reduce complexity and accelerate building and managing cloud with preintegrated solutions.
- Fast-track cloud adoption with comprehensive security and compliance controls that can be automatically applied to virtual machines.
- Decrease the risk of data loss with automated policy-based data protection.
“As organizations move from a virtualized environment to a private or hybrid cloud, they may face significant challenges with security, performance and the management of multiple, heterogeneous computing models,” said Stephen DeWitt, senior vice president, HP Enterprise Group. “Extending HP Converged Cloud with comprehensive, integrated solutions for VMware vCloud Suite 5.1 enables clients to embrace secure cloud computing with less risk and greater choice.”
“With VMware vCloud Suite 5.1, organizations will have reliable, flexible cloud solutions that enhance business agility while also addressing individual enterprise needs quickly and efficiently,” said Raghu Raghuram, executive vice president, Cloud Infrastructure and Management, VMware. “VMware vCloud Suite 5.1 and HP Converged Cloud solutions will enable our joint customers to accelerate their journey to the cloud, giving enterprises a proven, integrated solution that provides a competitive edge in a rapidly evolving market.”
HP accelerates cloud transformation, management with new capabilities
The expanded HP Converged Cloud offerings include the integration of VMware vCloud Suite 5.1 with HP CloudSystem, helping clients rapidly transform virtualized resources into self-service private and hybrid cloud environments. To accelerate time to value, HP offers customers preintegrated cloud solutions.
Combined with VMware vCloud Suite 5.1, HP CloudSystem doubles virtual-machine density, reduces network complexity and provides flexibility to support any workload.
New HP CloudSystem capabilities integrated with the VMware vCloud Suite 5.1 include:
- HP CloudSystem optimized for VMware—provides faster time to revenue with preintegrated solutions that include HP Converged Infrastructure and cloud management from HP and VMware.
- Auto-flexing feature—reduces response time to business requests and improves overall service levels by enabling VMware administrators to provision hardware for vCloud Director® to automate the scaling of converged infrastructure. With this technology, customers can cut the time required to add a virtual host from four hours to 15 minutes.(2)
- Virtual-machine importing—simplifies clients’ path to the cloud by easily importing running virtual machines into an HP CloudSystem without downtime or reconfiguration.
- HP Cloud Maps for VMware—accelerates the design of cloud services and automates the deployment of virtual applications using prepackaged, optimized HP CloudSystem templates.
New HP security solutions help overcome barriers to cloud adoption
The expanded HP Converged Cloud portfolio also includes the HP Cloud Protection Program and Consulting Services, which delivers a comprehensive security solution across network, storage and server virtualization layers that can be designed and implemented in less than three weeks.(3) The new service identifies an effective mix of HP and VMware cloud-security capabilities that addresses common barriers to the adoption of cloud services, while enabling compliance controls. Management capabilities include cloud, virtualization of the network, and storage virtualization layers.
For VMware clients challenged with addressing the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) in virtual environments, HP also offers the industry’s first converged PCI Compliance Security Solution Stack for virtual and cloud environments. The solution accelerates the path to compliance covering a majority of the 200 security-based PCI DSS controls,(2) removing security hurdles associated with achieving PCI compliance and access to cloud.
New enterprise-class data-protection solution extends support to the virtual cloud
HP Data Protector, the industry’s first and only backup and recovery solution supporting federated deduplication for the enterprise, now delivers integrated protection for VMware vCloud Director. This new solution features patented HP StoreOnce deduplication technology, and dynamically provides one-touch policy-based protection for VMware's multitenant cloud environment. These capabilities help vCloud customers and service providers eliminate the risk of data loss from applications, both on premises and now in the virtual cloud.
Select expanded HP Converged Cloud solutions are available now through HP and its worldwide channel partners; the remaining solutions are expected by the end of the calendar year. HP also will offer all VMware vCloud Suite editions with HP Converged Cloud solutions through HP sales and channel partners in late third calendar quarter.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Based on HP internal sales estimates of HP CloudSystem and other cloud solutions.
(2) Based on HP internal testing and analysis.
(3) According to HP engineering testing and comparisons.