Ad Muncher is a system-wide ad blocker, dealing with annoyances like banner ads and popups along with new rich media ads like video ads, interstitials and floating ads. Many types of spyware and adware installers are also blocked, as well as third-party tracking systems. It works out of the box, without the need to choose what you want blocked or configure third-party filter lists, and works with all browsers and many advert-displaying programs such as ICQ, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Yahoo Music Jukebox, SopCast, iMesh,BearShare, Pando, PalTalk, etc.
- Blocks ads in all browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Safari, Flock, Netscape, Maxthon and Avant Browser.
- Kills unwanted popups in all browsers.
- Removes advertising in programs like Pando, SopCast, ICQ, Morpheus, Kazaa, PalTalk, iMesh, Bearshare, LimeWire, Yahoo! Music Jukebox, TVAnts and more.
- Speeds up page loading and saves bandwidth, thanks to the missing ads and pop up windows.
- Downloads in seconds, only 582 KB for the whole program.
- Admuncher is the best. Not only does it block ads in the browser, but it monitors from the kernel level blocking ads to other applications as well.
- It speeds up the computer by blocking annoyance ads and therefore saving bandwidth.Admuncher still blocks ads at Hulu. It's just that Hulu is protesting and requesting in the place of the ad that we turn off the ad blocker. Hulu has written a server side script that can detect and report if the end user is using an ad blocker or not and respond accordingly.